We blog, we bake.
We craft, we create.

Wednesday 1 October 2014

WOYWW - bags!

Helloooooo, long time no WOYWW (click the link if you're curious to know what the acronym stands for). Anyway. It's Horace here today making something for nothing again. We do like our free or using up stash makes here at The House of Bears.

So, you can see a paper bag, more bags to the right, scissors, a bone folder, the back of my head......



I might just be making a paper bag book. We've been collecting the paper bags given out with various shopping, and Tesco now bring our home delivery fruit and veg in large paper bags too. Wilbear insists we have our five a day so the Tesco bags are in plentiful supply here. ( other supermarkets are available but may not supply paper bags! )


Anyway, so far all I have to show for my morning's efforts are a pile of what looks like it needs to go in the recycling, so I'd better get crafting before Wilbear does just that. I'll post the results when I'm done.

Ttfn

With love from the bears.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Bears, nice to see you again. Good on Tesco for gong over to paper bags. My DIL has Tesco deliver her shopping, and I was extremely shocked to see just how many carrier bags they used! I use Tesco, but take my own Hessian bags- carrier bags are an absolute blight! . Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #43 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoWza - great idea and well done to Tesco for giving paper baggies :-)
    I look forward to seeing this one develop :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for those paper bags. I hoard them for a microwave caramel corn recipe and nothing else works. I just read that CA is doing away with plastic bags and I am so glad....hate the darn things.

    Looking forward to seeing your book(s) when your finished.
    Krisha #58

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm presuming this is a supermarket chain you are talking about, we don't have Tescos here and a paper bag book this is very interesting Bears.

    Hugs Eliza, Yoda & Flat Susan#2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bears happy WOYWW...I welcomed Louie bear to my home this week (birthday gift from my family) and he may just find his way into my craft room to watch of the 'goings on'. Not many paper bags here in OZ just the ones they supply for your mushrooms, but it's a great idea - so looking foaward to seeing your finished book. Cheers RobynO#40

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a busy bear this week, I look forward to seeing your book!

    :)trisha
    70 this week
    with a mish mash of stuff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paper bags are truly a fun medium to craft with, and I look forward to seeing what you do with them in your finished book. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning bears! Hope you get your paper bag book made soon, it's looking good! Thanks for the visit. Helen 5

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paper bag books are awesome! I'v never made one, but I sure want to! Willbear is so cute! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #78

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see what the bears come up with, using those bags. Have fun, and welcome back. Chris # 16

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope the paper bag book comes together well. Thanks for sharing. Sorry I’m late commenting. Hope that you have a lovely crafting week to come. Hazel, WOYWW #81 x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your desk! Have a great week Ginny M #63

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog. We read and treasure each and every one and always try to return visits. Please don't post spam, it will be deleted as bears much prefer chocolate! :)