We blog, we bake.
We craft, we create.

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Paw made by Podgy

Hello there, Podgy the Panda here. I often find I have itchy paws, and need to be occupied in some way. One of my favourite ways to relieve 'bear'dom is to paw-make cards for charity ( animal charities are my favourite cause.)





First, I sort through my previously cut toppers. I always cut these on a separate occasion to the actual card construction, as I then have a handy stash of ready to go toppers and embellishments, this saves time and means my paws get a rest between card making stages!!

Once I've chosen my card toppers





I choose some tools to help with my card making

My Cuttlebug is a much used tool





Along with my Spellbinders Nestabilities dies




Circles and scalloped circles this time. Nestabilities and other popular makes of dies can make fab frames, which can be raised up from the card blank with 3d pads or glue dots, adding an extra zing (bear buzz word) to your finished product.

Us bears subscribe to Making Cards magazine, we don't get much 'paw'ket money, and this mag comes with free papers, leaving spare cash for our hunny habit!

I cut lots of frames





way more than I need, but I do like to have a choice of sizes and shapes when I assemble my creations.





The free papers in the magazine usually come with some embellishments that match, meaning I don't get a headache trying to co ordinate my efforts.

Once I have my frames and embellishments ready I start to create my card, here are a few made earlier













I'll add these to my donations box, ready to send to various animal charities, and maybe I'll keep one to send to a bear girlfriend if I find one?

Time to forage for a snack or two, card making makes for a very hungry bear!!

With love from the bears ��

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog. We read and treasure each and every one and always try to return visits. Please don't post spam, it will be deleted as bears much prefer chocolate! :)