We blog, we bake.
We craft, we create.

Thursday 4 December 2014

WOYWW? Artymess

Hello there. I haven't posted for WOYWW in ages. I've been in more of a sewing than arty mood of late, it goes in phases. Yesterday I watched a Youtube art tutorial though and felt inspired to create again. I copied the background idea directly from the original, using Gelatos spread from a baby wipe to my page to create the background. I then added some distress inks through stencils, and sorted through my pre cut embellishments to see what Would go well on the page.



Nothing is stuck down as yet, I'm in the contemplation stage of creating, which is the most fun part in my opinion. Believe it or not, the above photo was taken less than an hour ago, in daylight, it's very dreary here.

As you can see from the photo below, the art journal spread spans several pages, I cut a little from the middle page and then adhered it to the front to make a three page spread. Now I just have to decide on a focus for the pages. The original used some lovely flower stamps, maybe I'll do the same.



Now I think I'll go and visit some old friends in WOYWW land.

Ttfn,

With love from Horace.

6 comments:

  1. Can´t wait to see the finished project. The colours are lovely and vibrant!
    Cheers
    Gabriele 12

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bears - great to see you back ! Glad you are enjoying your journal as well as your sewing ! Lots of people show their sewing on WOYWW - so don't be stranger bears ! Ali #51 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you were feeling inspired to do some journal work. But I think sewing is artsy too. :-) April #43

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that !!!! I love your background colours - they make me smile. Great to see you having a painty day but I also think sewing is arty too :-D xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see you! it doesn't have to be paper crafts for WOYWW - it's about your workdesk and what's on it!! Anyway, happy to see you inspired - love the warm and cheerful colours; and I really like the odea to go across the three pages like that. Enjoy the contemplating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think working with fabric is art every bit as much as painting, journaling and all the other crafting goodness we all seem to bounce around to and from. I like your pages!
    Hugs,
    Beth P
    #49 WOYWW ( newbie to the group)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog. We read and treasure each and every one and always try to return visits. Please don't post spam, it will be deleted as bears much prefer chocolate! :)