We blog, we bake.
We craft, we create.

Wednesday 11 February 2015

WOYWW - Lifebook doings

Hello there and welcome once more to the Wednesday fun that is WOYWW, a fabulous blog hop where we all nose at desks across the world. Click on the link, read the how to and join in the fun.

This week I'm still in the lounge due to the bedroom, where the craft desk is, still being a little chilly. I'm hoping it'll start to warm up in the coming weeks but for now the emergency desk will do me fine.



I'm creating a dream catcher as part of my Lifebook class. The background is made from old safety envelopes, then painted over with metallic paint. What a shame the shimmer doesn't show on the photos as it looks fabulous on paper.

In the class, the tutor adds a doily to the page, I had a doily stencil so used that and stippled white acrylic through. I then poked holes through and added some string, from which I dangled Sizzix heart die cuts. These were all painted with the same metallic paints as the background.



I may add some dangly words to my page. I haven't quite decided yet. I'll let it sit for a while until I decide.


I'm off for a blog hop before I pack my stash away. See you soon.

With love from Horace.

14 comments:

  1. Ooooh - that is lovely Horace. Great background effect and the doily stencil is fabulous. I really like the dangly hearts. :-) Sorry you are a bit chilly over there. It is cold here today too and the weather man says we are due for snow !!!??? Can you believe it ? Haven't seen snow here since 2002 !!!! Bitter wind from the North, so pup and I are staying inside today :-D

    Mega Hugz
    IKE in Greece xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, Horace, you HAVE been busy. Well done.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #6

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea Horace, I do love dreamcatchers. I've got them hanging all over the place! As you can probably guess, mine all have wolves on them,lol. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #13 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dream catcher Horace! Like Shaz, I love them too.
    Have a splendid week
    Krisha #4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dream catcher, Horace. Now if only the Girls were so creative. They just make a mess and then lay down in the middle of it. :)) Hugs and Happy WOYWW! Nan G #62

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever bear you are Horace
    Jill #44

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty dream catcher. Using a doily or a doily stencil never would have crossed my mind, but it perfect for a dream catcher. Judy #69

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I did not know this bear was taking Lifebook! I to am in this class and totally loving it :) You can see my dreamcatcher project on my blog as well..but as you have said..the shimmer doesn't show too well in photos. Love yours and the use of hearts as the feathers :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forgot to say...I am Shel #45 from paperoctillostudio lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous creation! Clever bear!
    Thanks for sharing, and happy WOYWW!
    Catiecuddles aka Catherine #32

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Horace, that is absolutely beautiful. What a clever bear you are. I hope the weather warms up for you, I'd hate to imagine how cold it must be there.
    Have a great week.
    Von #26

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I didn't get here yesterday... what a clever idea to hang the hearts from your design, it looks fabulous! let us know what you decide about adding words, or not...often "makes" a piece, doesn't it, if you can find the right ones! Thanks for visiting already Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Horace, lovely dream catcher, enjoy your week RobynO#12

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your dangling hearts, Horace - I bet they sway beautifully in a breeze - and the warm golden tones are beautiful. I think you got the shimmer just fine in that last photo.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog. We read and treasure each and every one and always try to return visits. Please don't post spam, it will be deleted as bears much prefer chocolate! :)