Anyway, here is my desk, taken by Wilbear at a very odd angle
So, what can be seen, a book opened to my latest project page, some gesso, a pink heat gun, inks, gesso to prepare my page for creating, some bearby wipes, oh, and a half eaten apple to provide sustenance whilst I craft!
I'm working on this fortnight's Alpha challenge at The Craft Barn. This week's letter is R. We chose a French/English dictionary for this challenge and inadvertently set a theme of words that translate to the same in either language. As we mean to carry on as we started, my first task was to find a word that translated to the same in both languages, and after much perusing and ooh la la ing, at last I found a word that could be illustrated without too much tearing out of fur.
I added a very generous layer of gesso to both sides of the book, covering the intended word with card so that it didn't get obliterated in the process. I squidged the book together, and sat on it, to press the gesso into interesting textures.
Once I had unglued myself from the book!!!! I heat dried the gesso
I then used distress stains to colour the page, green for a grass effect, and blue for sky.
I added some rugby themed embellishments, including the inimitable Jonny Wilkinson, our favourite player, i then realised I had accidentally wiped the blue distress stain OVER my chosen word! ARGH!!!
As an ever resourceful bear though, I quickly flicked through Wilbear's latest copy of his TV magazine, and cut the word rugby from the sports pages, along with some extra rugby themed words.
I decided the page needed a little more, so cut some clouds from our memory box die, again cutting them from the TV mag (I hope Wilbear had read the sports pages).
Here is my alpha challenge for this fortnight. Now that's done, I'm off for a little nosey around some blogs, courtesy of WOYWW.
With love from the bears.