We blog, we bake.
We craft, we create.

Monday 27 January 2014

Day 3. The end is. Nigh

Hello again, yes, it's Cedric the brave here sneaking up for yet another play time while the other bears are taking an afternoon siesta. I told them I'd keep guard for hunny thieves while they snoozed.

So, remember all those pieces of junk? Well they've all been papered or painted or stamped, or all three, and now I need to bind them into a book shape. Horace bought himself a fabulous ebear purchase a couple of weeks ago- a Cinch. I thought I might see how it works.



First I'll sort my junk pieces into something resembling a book


Now to punch some holes for the binding wires. Goodness, this is hard work.


The cinch has a handy holder for the wire and punched card so you can assemble the book as you go. I placed all the inner card on first.


Then the front cover


And finally the back cover, the wrong way round, so when you fold it back over it hides the joins in the wires.


I then used the handy squishy thing on the Cinch


It has different height settings so you can use all sizes of wires. Good job as this book has grown rather fat with junk.


Oooh, I'm rather pleased with the end result.





My wires are a little out of shape as I put all four paws worth of pressure on the Cinch. Who cares though? Not me. :)


Inside are all manner of sizes of card. The left hand card came from a Bear fruit roll snack! The right hand was the tab from a latte box!


I added some tags, as we have about 3 gazillion of them.





Goodness, I managed a matching page.


One of the misted and stamped pages.


Ooh, a matching tab too.


Tree tab


I added a stamped design to the front to add a little interest. Now I'll sit on the bed and pretend I've been here all afternoon.



What? This old book? I've had it for ages!!!!

With love from the bears

9 comments:

  1. AWESOME book Cedric... it came out beautifully. !! I LUV your Cinch :-)
    I bought myself a Zutter over a year ago and I haven't used it yet !!! Took it out of the box and went "Hmmmmm" - then put it back again hahahaha !! LoL
    I think you may have inspired me to give it a whirl in the not too distant future :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fab book youve made Cedric, youll have to get rid of the bears more often. I want one of those Cinch thingys too
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's one for sale on UKS at the moment, Gill. Or there was the other day. Horace was lucky enough to get this for his first bid of £39.99 from ebear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on the Cinch! I know you've wanted one -hope it is ok with furry paws ....great use of your junk! x

      Delete
  4. Well done with the Cinch, Cedric!
    Love your chunky journal filled with all this wonderful stuff. It must be a pleasure flipping through all the colour loaded pages!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic journal - colours, tags, stamping, and the Cinch to give that professional finishing touch - fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I hadn't used my Zutter for years, and couldn't remember how to use it when I took it out last weekend! Watching yours I've remembered that I put the wrong end of the wires in the 'pushy' part of the machine! Doh!! Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look what I just found here... you might be interested!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool, we bookmarked it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog. We read and treasure each and every one and always try to return visits. Please don't post spam, it will be deleted as bears much prefer chocolate! :)