We blog, we bake.
We craft, we create.

Thursday 18 October 2012

Wilbear's new kitchen toy


Hello there lovely visitors. I'm a happy bear today as I took delivery of this little beauty just the other day



I've been ex'bear'imenting with it ever since. We bought lots of different ground coffee to try, as the machine makes filter coffee, espressos, lattes, cappuccinos.... So much choice.


As well as buying ground espresso coffee, we purchased these fab pods, which make two mugs of latte at once.


We like syrup with our latte, so I took a trip to a local coffee chain, to buy these miniature bottles of cinnamon, vanilla, gingerbread, caramel and hazelnut.


The water tank is large, enabling me to have a fair few drinks before replenishing it.


The pods fit into the two scoop thingy (no idea what it's called but it holds the ground coffee and the pads. ) If using ground coffee it needs to be tampered down, to ensure maximum yield from your espresso.


Our machine has a handy frother


for the milk.


Good job I didn't fill the jug up, as the milk doubles in size as it froths.


No latte would be complete without a little biscuit


I chose cinnamon syrup this time


To which I added my frothed milk.


and then the espresso, to make a lovely latte for myself.


I invited Cedric to share it with me, coffee is always better shared with friends.


I've also made cappuccino, which is delicious with a sprinkling of chocolate powder on top ( and another biscuit on the saucer!)


I also made a mocha, by adding two scoops of Cadbeary highlights drink to the bottom of my latte glass, and combining with a little of the frothed milk, before adding the rest of the milk, and of course the espresso. Oh look, another little biscuit, I can feel my fur expanding!


Time for another drink, gingerbread latte this time I think. My favourite.




With love from the bears.

2 comments:

  1. Generally, cinnamon is my favourite flavour - but when it comes to coffee... ah, the gingerbread latte - the taste of Christmas (and I'm thinking there's probably some cinnamon in there somewhere...). Had to be the first with the terrible pun... it seems you're already an experienced 'bearista', Wilbear...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I like that title, it makes me sound all important. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog. We read and treasure each and every one and always try to return visits. Please don't post spam, it will be deleted as bears much prefer chocolate! :)