We blog, we bake.
We craft, we create.

Sunday 19 May 2013

Podgy's weekend bakes

Good morrow all. It's Podgy Le Chef here today to
show off bake some weekend treats for the bears; banana and chocolate chip muffins. First I needed to look
my usual gorgeous self the part, so I divested myself of my comfy onesie in favour of my chef's whites. Goodness I do scrub up well, have you ever seen such a handsome bear as me?



I pawrused the Internet, and found a recipe on Mumsnet (I'm sure that's a spelling mistake and should read bearsnet!)

Anyhoo, if you fancy baking along:

Ingredients
60g chocolate chips (dark ones work really well)
250g bananas (two or three) weighed after peeling (ripe or overripe work well) and mashed with a fork
2 large eggs
125ml vegetable oil
150g caster sugar
225g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Mmmm choc chips, should I try one
packor two?



I whisked together the oil, eggs and sugar.



Then added the flour and bicarbonate of soda, mixing until just combined. Finally I added the mashed banana and chocolate chips.



I cooked -the muffins, not me - in the oven at 180 degrees, for 25 minutes. I checked the muffins were completely cooked by inserting a skewer into the middle, I was tempted to just stick my paw in, but thought it might get a bit burnt.



I placed the muffins on a cooling tray, oooh my kitchen smelled like a little bit of heaven.



One for each paw, mmm.



With love from the bears

3 comments:

  1. Oh Podgy they do sound and look scrummy. I do miss baking as i dont do any now sadly. Thanks for the masterclass and yes you look very smart in your chef's whites

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy looking muffins, Podgy - and you do look very smart in your chef's gear. Make sure you don't expand out of the waistline with all those chocolate chips!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could scratch and sniff the screen - yum! Is there no end to the talent of the bears?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog. We read and treasure each and every one and always try to return visits. Please don't post spam, it will be deleted as bears much prefer chocolate! :)