We blog, we bake.
We craft, we create.

Thursday 24 January 2013

Happy Food

Hello there, the bears have been a bit miserable, with all the snow lying about, we haven't been able to get out at all. We're a bit wobbly on our paws at the best of times, so snowy paths are a no no. To cheer us all up, I made us a special dinner. Cheesy faces. I mashed a tonne of grated cheese into some mashed potatoes, and baked in a hot oven for about 30 minutes. I used the special monkey mitts to get the cheesy pie out of the oven, in order to protect my paws.



To make the faces, I placed a round of mash in the middle of the plate, added tomatoes for eyes, half a cheese triangle for the nose and a sausage for a mouth.



The finishing touch was baked bean hair


The bears were much cheered when they saw their special dinner, so I made them smiley desserts too. If the dreary weather is getting you down, try a smiley dinner, how can you fail to smile back when even your dinner smiles up at you?


With love from the bears.

6 comments:

  1. My mum used to do this when we were growing up. I am very hungry now and must rush off to the kitchen to prepare the spag bog and garlic bread and that we are having tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smiley dinner is lovely! Not sure how Ali is going to get her spag bog to smile!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiley spaghetti strands maybe, with the sauce as hair and the garlic bread as eyes?

      Delete
  3. What a lovely idea! I sometimes do bangers and mash and stand the sausages up so they look silly and spiky. Smiles are a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter wanted to write you this message! Anya typed - "very sweet i want a smily dinner now i have seen that xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's lovely, we'd come and serve it for her but our paws are a bit achy. :) I hope she gets her smiley dinner.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog. We read and treasure each and every one and always try to return visits. Please don't post spam, it will be deleted as bears much prefer chocolate! :)