We blog, we bake.
We craft, we create.

Monday 26 November 2012

Horace is Feeling Blue

Hello there, Horace here with the premise that anything Podgy does, I can do, not necessarily better, but can do,nonetheless. So, here am I with a blue page to rival his. I decided, like Podgy, to enter this into the Fussy and Fancy blue challenge.


I copied a technique using Dylusions sprays, featured in the October issue of Craft Stamper magazine, I love this magazine for its inspirational projects.


First, I sprayed Dylusions mists directly onto my craft sheet


Then 'smooshed' my book pages through the misty mess.


I dried the page with a heat gun, then dabbed the page back onto the mist, to pick up any remaining colour, and add another layer to the page.



Oh, I also dabbed each layer with kitchen roll, to soak up any excess in between 'smooshes' and dabs!


My craft sheet has just about come to the end of its useful life, as the mists had leaked right through to the table mat. It's a good job I had the special splat-mat down, or Wilbear would not have been a happy bear.


I cleaned up the misty mess quickly anyway, before it stained my table cloth. Wilbear is a little fussy, and expects everything to look like new, no matter how much it's used.





My next step was to spray water directly onto my paws, then flick them over the misted page, leave for a few moments, then dab with kitchen roll, for a watermarked effect.


Once I'd finished all my misting, I moved back to the bears' craft desk, the chair is far more comfortable in here.


I chose some stamps


Which I inked up in Stayzon ink, any archival ink will do for this step.


I was a bit bored of the usual bears' stamping technique, so decided to try something different. I wouldn't recommend this though, all the blood rushes to your head and leaves you a little dizzy.


Best to stick to the tried and tested method I think!


Isn't this stamp lovely?


Once inked,I stamped directly onto my misted page


and also onto some white card, which I then misted with Dylusions spray.


I cut out the butterfly wings, and adhered them to the stamped image, to add extra dimension.


Next I started to stamp my journalling directly onto the journal page. I found this didn't give the best finish though.


So I re stamped the words onto white card, misted them with dylusions, and ripped around the card.


Which I then distressed with Broken China distress ink, to cover any remaining white edges.


The journalling stands out better this way, but still not quite enough for my liking.


I inked some Tim Holtz sizzix cog die cuts to add to my page.



Stamped more cogs onto tissue paper, in archival ink, and proceeded to assemble my page.


Ta da. The large die cut cogs are al broken in some way, to add to my journal page theme.


I drew over my journalling in white pen, for more of a stand out effect. My journalling says 'Time won't fly if your cogs are broken'. This is a page in my personal journal, the writing reflects that sometimes when I'm pawly and can't get crafty, I find time appears to stand still.


Here's a close up of the left side


And one of the right.


With love from the bears.

3 comments:

  1. fun project
    thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy this week
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work, Horace! I think this may be my favourite of the bears' projects to date (no bragging to the others now, please!)... wonderful colours and textures in the background, a beautifully dimensional butterfly, and your highlighted lettering looks wonderful. So sorry I've not managed a children's book entry yet. Being away from home, it's very hard to put together what I would have liked to put together... and I don't like to settle for half measures!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh ! Horace - haven't you been a busy bear ! Your journal page is great - one of my favourites from all you clever bears have shown us ! Great colours & just captures your feelings too ! Hope the old cogs keep whirring & you don't feel too pawly ! I've run out of time for this months book challenge too sadly - but hope there will be one in December ?
    Take care Ali xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog. We read and treasure each and every one and always try to return visits. Please don't post spam, it will be deleted as bears much prefer chocolate! :)