We blog, we bake.
We craft, we create.

Sunday 4 November 2012

The Bears' Monthly Bi-Monthly Crop

Hello there, Horace here today, yesterday I hosted the bears' bi- monthly crop. What a fun day it was. I decided to create a page in my personal journal. As you may know, I'm quite a sensitive, arty type of bear, and prone to bouts of self doubt, so I thought I would journal about this, with the help of song lyrics.




My first task was to find some song words that suited my thoughts on bad days, Pink, Don't Let Me Get Me, was perfect. I printed the lyrics pertaining to me onto Word (in pink of course)!

I misted my page in various pink Cosmic shimmer mists, then added some black acrylic paint, to depict my dark thoughts! I added various masking and paint effects, for a more interesting background, then printed a Google image of the singer Pink, and an image of someone looking fed up.

Next I stamped a mirror onto silver card, and drew zigzag lines across it, to illustrate Pink breaking the mirror. The lyrics here are

Every day I fight a war against the mirror
I can't take the person looking back at me
I wanna be somebody else




I often find myself staring into the mirror at my furry face, thinking I'm not as handsome as Podgy, or Wilbear, So these lyrics were written for me!
For those self doubt moments, or days, I used the following lyrics

I'm a hazard to myself
I'm my own worst enemy
Don't wanna be my friend no more




On the righthand page I added more lyrics for my badbear mood days:

So irritating
So bad when you annoy yourself
Doctor doctor won't you please prescribe me something?
A day in the life of someone else.




Next time I have those feelings of self doubt or loathing, I can look at my page, sing myself some Pink Lyrics, then go eat a large bar of chocolate and tell myself to cheer up!

With love from the bears.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Horace... I'm sorry to hear that you're engaged in the same struggles as the rest of us with self-image and self-doubt - I hoped bears were thicker-furred than that - but I think you've created really powerful pages here, and I hope it's been a cathartic process. And never compare yourself with others... you are your own unique you. Just watch out for too much chocolate though, or you could just turn into Podgy!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful interpretation of the lyrics. Your art journal is amazing - I love your ideas. Thanks for sharing xxx (p.s. for what it's worth I'm proud to be your friend even if you don't want to be your friend ;) ) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big hug for Horace. I love that you have used pink colours to go with the Pink lyrics. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horace, you're gorgeous. Don't ever think otherwise!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog. We read and treasure each and every one and always try to return visits. Please don't post spam, it will be deleted as bears much prefer chocolate! :)